I‘ll admit it: I‘m feeling sentimental.
Here at Jordanville, we seminarians have to live a relatively simple life, free of the fetters of much of what modern society has to offer, like Youtube, wifi, and medium-rare prime rib. Of course, our lives aren‘t easy—we have many of the same trials and temptations that everyone has. But, when I feel depressed, I turn to many of the simple things that I‘ve learned to enjoy, such as:
- The pulsing ring of the bells at Matins.
- The taste of fresh bread.
- Cherry tomatoes.
- A quiet walk to the Cross on the hill.
- Understanding something Lev Ivanovich says.
- The fresh taste of Jordanville tap-water.
- In-jokes with friends.
Nope, never a dull moment.