Monday, July 4, 2011

Aloha from Hawai‘i!

At last, a long-awaited (?) update! Hopefully you’re all enjoying your July 4th festivities. I’ve been enjoying myself/doing nothing for the greater part of two weeks. I’ve also begun a new review blog called Myrio; reviewed so far are three movies and some calamari curry.

Continuing where we left off, the flight to Honolulu was mostly uneventful. It was actually two flights. The first leg was Boston–San Francisco. I had an overnight layover, which I spent with the Jajehs, a Palestinian family who attend church at my old parish in the City. It was the first day of the Apostles’ Fast, which meant that I could not enjoy some delicious rice with lamb meat. However, the food I did have was so delicious that I did not miss my lamb all that much.

The next morning I bid farewell at the airport, and boarded my plane. I spent the flight continuing Pride and Prejudice; Darcy’s affections were spurned and Mr. Wickham was in deep trouble by the time I landed. My mom picked me up, and I was glad to be back home. That weekend, I also went back to my old parish, and there was rejoicing all around.

If I have the time, I will chronicle some of the interesting things going on here!

1 comment:

  1. "I'm not doing ANYTHING... but if I have time, I'll tell you about interesting things!" Nice.

    ReplyDelete