Monday, August 20, 2012

With the Saints Give Rest…

This morning, I served in the altar for Liturgy. It went well, though I was struggling with sleep by the end of it. By the time I went back to my room, I fell unconscious for a few hours. I woke up in time for lunch.


H.E. Metropolitan Hilarion is here along with the Kursk-Root Icon with its guardian, the newly-ordained Fr. Nicholas Olhovsky. After lunch, Vladika served a panikhida behind the main church for Metropolitan Anastassy, Archbishop Vitaly, Protopresbyter Michael Pomazansky and others who have fallen asleep in the Lord. Four of us sang: Fr. Roman, Nicky Kotar, Fr. Ephraim, and me. It was a California/Hawaii quartet.

The cemetery behind the main church is reserved for members of the monastery brotherhood and major hierarchs of our jurisdiction. Though it’s covered in snow for nearly half the year, during the summer it looks almost like a garden.

The grave of Archimandrite Joseph, one of the founders of the monastery.

Memory Eternal!

No comments:

Post a Comment